Saturday, April 28, 2012

1 time at Boot Camp...

So.... I let Sabrina (who I will be disowning as a member of my family momentarily) talk me in to going to a fitness boot camp with her this morning. Considering that I've never been a fan of traditional workouts - sports are more my thing - I asked her what I should expect.  She said, "well..you know. A little of this, a bit of that. Some jumping jacks, going up and down stairs a few times". I'm like cool this doesn't sound too intense. BULLSHIT! I almost died.

Seriously, I have never been in tears during a workout until today.  Everything ached immediately after.  Usually it's the next day when you start to feel the pain. Nope, not here. It was instant! My butt was hurting from the stationary bike. Those seats are uncomfortable. If any of you work or know someone at these manufacturers please let them know those seats require more cushion. I got home and pulled my pants down and what do you know, I have a bruise on my butt.  Next, my face was hurting, my whole face. My nose felt like I had been punched in it. My cheeks were burning, my head was aching.

To make things worse, the guy running the boot camp kept coming over to me talking about, "You can do it!" I'm like, look here you skinny asshole I CAN'T DO IT.  He yells "run, run". I wanted to slap him in the face and tell him I only run when I'm being chased.  I was doing sit ups and he's like OK, we're getting warmed up just 3 more sets of 30.  In my mind I'm telling my self, "you can do this girl, your ancestors picked cotton in the south during slavery and you're complaining about a little workout". That didn't help either. I started praying and then I grabbed my towel and cover my face. I'm sure everyone thought I was wiping all the sweat from it but I was really crying. Crying because I was exhausted, I was mad at myself for being fat in the first place and I was really mad at Sabrina for forcing me to get up at 6am on a Saturday and exercise!

This was one of the most intense workouts ever.  You know Jackie Warner from Bravo? This man must have been trained by her because this was no joke. And then his skinny ass didn't even do the workout. He was just telling us what to do. I have half a mind to take a jujitsu class just so I can go back to that gym and kick his ass.

I.THOUGHT.I.WAS.GOING.TO.DIE!! My family says I'm exaggerating but it's true. I've only felt like I was going to die once before in my life.  And guess what? I was going to die (or as my 5 year old nephew would say, I was finna bout to die!). So I'm being serious here. I have never sweated so much in my life.  I was a shaky, achy mess when I left that gym. People say being fat will kill you but getting unfat will surely kill you too.  I take Zumba 3 times a week and I've taken Billy Blanks' TaeBo and none of that shit has ever had me feeling like this.  I came in my house and collapsed on the floor. I barely had enough energy to stand. Gross as it may sound, I kind of wish that I had a catheter because I didn't have the energy to get off the floor and go to the bathroom. How I even have the strength to type this is a wonder to me.

I'll be back at it again next week, because Sabrina (who is no longer related to me) decided she'd gift me a month of boot camp work outs. So this may be one of the last posts I ever publish.

Arrivederci.

No comments:

Post a Comment