Saturday, February 13, 2010

We Are The World 25 For Haiti


So, last night the 25th Anniversary edition of the hit We are the World debuted during the opening ceremonies of the Winter Olympics in Vancouver. The good thing about this song/video is that proceeds are going toward the Haitian Earthquake relief efforts. It was nice to see an updated rendition with many of today's stars but it just didn't have the same feeling as the original did for me. This one was just a little bit to Hollywood but it's for a good cause so I won't knock it. The vocals for the most part are good, I wouldn't have let Justin Bieber do a solo at all but that's just me. Quincy Jones is a hit maker so maybe he saw something that I didn't. Also, I know Miley Cyrus is popular but her voice didn't do it for me either.

All in all I hope it moves people to continue giving to help the Haitian people during this tragedy and beyond. They will need our support for decades to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment