Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Waiting for Madison

Sitting here in the Labor and delivery waiting room at Long Beach Memorial Hospital.....waiting. My sister Deanna whose baby is due September 30th is having some complications. They may have to induce labor today if her blood pressure doesn't go down. We are at the hospital praying and thinking positive thoughts.

Madison Allyse Corbin may be here sooner than we thought. She has been giving her mother to be the blues for the last few weeks. My sister was taken off work about three weeks ago. She's been resting and hanging out with me while she's been off. We've been shopping and going to lunch and just enjoying each other's company. She is going to be admitted to the hospital, hopefully her blood pressure goes down so Maddy can have more womb time so her lungs can develop a little more. We can't wait to meet her but she needs to stay just a few more weeks.

Deanna seems to be in good spirits but I know my sister. I've known her my entire life-better than I know anyone-and I know she's worried. She's worried about her babies health. She told me that her major concern was about the baby being mentally and physically healthy. The Dr's assured her that mentally the baby is fine. It's the lungs they're worried about. I am worried about my sister and my niece. Deanna shared with me a few weeks ago that she was worried when our friend Robin passed away, she prayed that nothing would happen to her or Maddy. I am praying that Maddy can wait and that Deanna's blood pressure goes down and that mother and daughter are both healthy and happy.

So here I am......praying, hoping, trying not to cry and......waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment