Thursday, June 25, 2009

Michael Jackson, 1958-2009





This will be very short as I am in a terrible emotional state.

Today is June 25, 2009; a date I will never forget. I will always remember what I was doing and where I was. I was in my kitchen making a red velvet cake and the television was on in my den to CNN, my sister yelled to me from the den that Michael Jackson was rushed to the hospital and possibly dead. I lost my breath. I reached for the counter top to steady myself because I got lightheaded. How could this be possible? The iconic Michael Jackson dead?! NEVER! My first concert was a Jackson's concert at Dodger stadium when I was in elementary school. It’s a day I’ll never forget and today is a day I’ll never forget. There are events that happen in your life and you’ll always remember where you were and what you were doing when you look back on them..the passing of Michael Jackson is one of those events. My heart is aching.

I remember trying to moonwalk for the first time, I remember wanting to wear one glove to school and I remember thinking curls were cool because Michael Jackson had one :)

Michael Jackson was a misunderstood and often troubled soul who was taken advantage of by people he trusted. His name was drug through the mud but us, his real fans never wavered, always stood by his side. We love you Michael.

His music is the soundtrack for my life, I probably knew ABC before I knew my ABC's. I have partied to Michael Jackson's music for years. To hear of his passing was terrible. Just last week I told my sister that if Michael Jackson ever died I didn't know what I would do. And today, I don't know what I'll do. He is an icon, an innovator and now he is an eternal legend.

Michael we love you, we'll miss you. Your music will be in our heart and on our lips forever!
-Arrivederci

No comments:

Post a Comment